Importing Photos Flagged/Locked In-Camera to Aperture 3
When you flag or lock photos in your camera during a shoot, you can selectively import them into Aperture by using the File Types options in the Import pane. To quickly find the images you flagged/locked in-camera, perform a two-pass import into your project.
- Click Import Files and select all the photos on your memory card.
- In the File Types option pane, click ”Only include files flagged/locked in camera” (if you don’t see this option, see the note below).
- Import those into your new project.
- Once imported, choose Edit > Select All and mark or label these photos in some fashion (add an Aperture flag, color label, keyword, etc.).
- Open the Import window again.
- With “Only include files flagged/locked in camera” still selected, uncheck all of the visible photos.
- Deselect “Only include files flagged/locked in camera”. The remaining photos will still be selected.
- Import the remaining photos into your project
The end result is a new project where photos flagged/locked in-camera are easily found.
NOTE: If you don’t see File Types, you can enable that from the Import Settings drop-down.
More like this