It’s not the 4.0 we’ve been waiting for but here we go…
- Retina Display Support
- Aperture and iPhoto Unified Library
- Advanced White Balance
- Improved Highlights and Shadows
- Professional Auto Enhance
- Fast Browsing
Full description here: What’s New
More to come soon…
Thomas will be posting some thoughts as well, but here’s my short list (I have to leave in about 10 minutes, so…)
- iPhoto for iPad’s amazing White Balance (skin tone sampling) is now in Aperture. Funny to see a feature start at the bottom but that feature is nothing short of amazing
- Unified Library is a major architecture change, methinks. We will see how that affects performance.
- The Highlights and Shadows samples look amazing. Hopefully as good as they show here… it’s already a very powerful tool but not so easy to use.
- Professional Auto Enhance sounds great, and we’ll see what it does in the real world!
- I’m not sure how Fast Browsing is any different to what we already had. Says they are put “to even better use”, but it’s not clear what that really means. Probably has to do with the new unified architecture.
Tell us what you spot below!
What’s in a version number?
By the way, at the moment there’s no version number listed. It’s definitely not 4.0 but what is it?
Watch the MacBook Pro video at about 4:25 and see Aperture… it looks the same but of course is updated for Retina Display.